Messengers of hope...

Missionaries in Ecuador with International Teams and Youth World since 2002, parents of four children, and then some more children, directors of Casa Gabriel and now Casa Adalia, teacher and friend, but most importantly, redeemed by Jesus Christ and living out the ministry of reconciliation as messengers of hope. This is the story that God is writing through us.

Friday, April 19, 2013

No one is too broken for God

www.escondido.com
Phil and I love listening to music. We nearly always have music going and most often it is Christian contemporary.  Stateside I loved listening to Christian radio.  I enjoyed all of it, the music, the teaching, the talk shows, especially those winter days when I was a young mom home with four plus kids.  How I have missed this in Ecuador!  After our newest online discovery (spotify which we thoroughly enjoyed) stopped being an option, I discovered this week (yeah, I am a bit behind technically speaking, probably in general) that it is now super easy to find and play free Christian music online.

This morning while I got ready to head off to minister to the girls at the safe house, I clicked on K-Love.  The broadcaster gave an update about the search for the bombers in Boston.  I paused to listen. When I heard that the older brother had died in a gunfight last night and the younger brother was on the run, shocking sadness suddenly welled up inside.  One brother dead?  The other just 19 years old?  He is still a kid!  I mean that is our son, Tully's age.  What happened to bring him to such a desperate and horrible point in his life?  I expected to feel some relief to hear that the police had found the criminals who caused such destruction and even death.  Instead I experienced devastating sorrow. Tears streamed down my face as I prayed for God to rescue this young man from an eternity of hopeless anguish and separation from Him.  No one is too far gone, too sinful, too broken for God to rescue and redeem.  No one.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! When followers of Jesus stop caring for the lost we have lost the meaning of being disciples! Thanks for your post!

    Rob Boyland

    Rboyland01@gmail.com
    RelationalDiscipleship.wordpress.com
    Twitter: @rboyland
    YouTube: Rboyland01

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that is needed is an invitation and/or an introduction....Thank you for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete