Messengers of hope...

Missionaries in Ecuador with International Teams and Youth World since 2002, parents of four children, and then some more children, directors of Casa Gabriel and now Casa Adalia, teacher and friend, but most importantly, redeemed by Jesus Christ and living out the ministry of reconciliation as messengers of hope. This is the story that God is writing through us.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Final Reflections -- Photo Journal Day Seven -- "CFC and Casa G Outreach"

 
Breakfast was eggs and a delicious plantain ball. 
Lots of sunshine and pool time before we headed out to enjoy more adventures in the cloud forest. 
                                           Carlos, Ricardo Gustavo, Jesus and Jackson
 
Mama Desi and Janoa
Desi, Juan Miguel and Janoa...little Janoa loves her Casa G uncles!
 Phil stopped to purchase tickets for...
....Ziplining through the jungle canopy!!
Julie Heese -- no fear!
Desi asked the guys working at the zipline if anyone had ever died.  "Oh, never!" was their reply.
Josiah disappeared into the jungle canopy.
Phil, Miguel, Gustavo and I stayed back and relaxed with the babies.
Tio Ricardo Gustavo loves his niece Janoa!
Juan Miguel's descent back.
Josiah and Rachel -- we did it!
We drove next to the Tarabita, an open gondola that carries you across a large ravine.
Thankful for clear directions to important places!
The gondola takes you to the head of jungle trails leading to some beautiful falls.
Ready to start hiking down to the falls!
Seriously?!
Definitely worth the hike!
Back at the top, Desi and Miguel dance in the parking lot.
Last stop -- pizza in town



 

Juan Miguel entertained the cooks...and was given another pitcher of fresh lemonade!
Driving back up the mountain

     Near the top of the pass
The beautiful lights of Quito

Part of the group stopped at Desi and Miguel's house to purchase some of the jewelry created by girls rescued from the sex trade.
Home again at Casa G!

So how do I sum up our final day in reflection?  Maybe in the same way we started, by talking about fruit. 
 
And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit, fruit that will last.  John 15:16
 
The mission experience is not what is most important.  It is what happens after the experience is over.  Both at the start of the week and at the end, Phil challenged each of us to prayerfully consider what fruit God wants to produce in us, fruit that lasts.   He asked, "What is God wanting to teach you from this week?  What fruit are you going to take with you?"
 


I am the vine, and you are the branches. If any remain in me and I remain in them, they produce much fruit. But without me they can do nothing. You should produce much fruit and show that you are my followers, which brings glory to my Father.  I loved you as the Father loved me. Now remain in my love.  I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and I remain in his love. In the same way, if you obey my commands, you will remain in my love.

I have told you these things so that you can have the same joy I have and so that your joy will be the fullest possible joy.   John 15:5, 8-11
JOY, joy to the full, now that is some sweet fruit I am taking with me from this past week.  Thanks, Christian Fellowship of Columbia!  Thanks, Casa G!  Thanks, Jesus!  To You be all the glory!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment