Messengers of hope...

Missionaries in Ecuador with International Teams and Youth World since 2002, parents of four children, and then some more children, directors of Casa Gabriel and now Casa Adalia, teacher and friend, but most importantly, redeemed by Jesus Christ and living out the ministry of reconciliation as messengers of hope. This is the story that God is writing through us.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

How do we express God's unconditional love?


After leaving Casa G due to falling back into drug addictions, Jose Luis’s journey continues to be difficult.  He told me (Phil), “I miss Casa G.  I miss you.  It is hard.  I knew it would be.”   

And I miss Jose Luis.  I miss his energy, his enthusiasm, his spontaneous expression of music through rap, and our deep conversations.  I miss his friendship.

One of the painful challenges of working with former street kids is communicating unconditional love when their actions do not allow them to continue in the training program.  This summer while we were on home assignment, I thought about and prayed for Jose Luis.   I decided I would find him and just sit with him.  No agenda, no expectation.  So far I haven’t been able to do this because I haven't seen him and am not sure where he is living. 

Please pray I would have an opportunity to tangibly demonstrate God’s unconditional love to this young man and others no longer at the house.

 God uses His tool of trying circumstances to crack our hard ground.  He plants His word of light in our deep darkness.  He pours the living water of His Spirit on our dryness, and the soul softens…to raise within us a crop of righteousness.    (John of the Cross)

2 comments:

  1. Praying you are able to meet with him and that he will experience and understand a little more of the Fathers love!

    ReplyDelete