Messengers of hope...

Missionaries in Ecuador with International Teams and Youth World since 2002, parents of four children, and then some more children, directors of Casa Gabriel and now Casa Adalia, teacher and friend, but most importantly, redeemed by Jesus Christ and living out the ministry of reconciliation as messengers of hope. This is the story that God is writing through us.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

HOPE

Hope happens when others believe in us.  Hope happens when others believe that what God has called us to is good and worth the cost.  Sometimes I don't believe in me.  And sometimes I wonder if God really called me to the huge task before me.  I only see my weakness and failings.  I see the insurmountable obstacles and what appears to be an endless road ahead.  The "end" is definitely not in my sights. 

And then I am surprised, again, by the hope of God that springs up in my heart through the belief of one of God's children. Just today we received two different emails from two different people who live in two different parts of the United States.

"I just signed up for a 10 mile race on May 25th.  I have a goal to have 100 people donate $10.00, which comes to $1,000.  I want to donate the money to Casa Adalia.  I am never a person to start something this big.  Well, it seems big to me, but not for the Lord."

And another email, "Phil, we were able to put funds into your account for Bibles today." 

Thanks, Jesus, for giving us people who believe in You and believe in what You are doing through us. 

God, the one and only— I’ll wait as long as he says. Everything I hope for comes from him, so why not? He’s solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, An impregnable castle: I’m set for life. Psalm 62:5,6(MSG)




1 comment:

  1. Such good, encouraging news to faithful servants of our perfect God.

    ReplyDelete