Messengers of hope...

Missionaries in Ecuador with International Teams and Youth World since 2002, parents of four children, and then some more children, directors of Casa Gabriel and now Casa Adalia, teacher and friend, but most importantly, redeemed by Jesus Christ and living out the ministry of reconciliation as messengers of hope. This is the story that God is writing through us.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Earth has no sorrow that heaven can't heal.

Where do I begin to try and write a blog after so many months of silence? I have to begin with, "God has been faithful, just like my dad said so many times." It is oh so true.

I wonder sometimes why He has assigned me the labor of such a ministry as Casa Adalia. My Spanish is inadequate, the legal system feels impossible to understand, and there are so few resources within the system that it can leave me feeling helpless and overwhelmed. But over the past weeks that have been especially difficult, I realized that I must stop trying to be adequate, stop wanting the answers for tomorrow, and just let God be God. You would think I would have learned this better by now. :)

As I type I hear the song "Come as you are." One of the girls from Casa Adalia is listening to music. She loves listening to worship music, often in English. Songs like "Oh how He loves us so" and "The Revelation Song" -- the music pours out of her room. Sometimes I hear her trying to sing the lyrics, nearly always off key. It is incredibly beautiful. But then there are other times. Dark times. Despair is heard instead of joy. Instead of music, I hear her sobbing, deep sobbing that seems to be without end. I hold her in my arms, tears of my own fall. I pray. I offer the only thing I have, my presence, but not just me, God in me. "You are not alone," I tell her.

This week our daughter, Danelle, sent me a video of the song, "Come as you are" by David Crowder. She said they sang it during worship at church, and it made her think of the girls in Casa Adalia. 

As I listen to the words, I hear Him beckon me as well, this 56 year old imperfect and tired mom who does not have the answer to "Why?" 

Jesus, I come. I lay down the burdens and hurt. I lay down my heart. There is no sorrow You can't heal. 



Come broken hearted. Let rescue begin.
Come find your mercy, oh sinner come kneel.
Earth has no sorrow that heaven can't heal. 
So lay down your burdens. Lay down your shame.
All who are broken, lift up your face. 
Oh wanderer come home, you're not too far.
So lay down your hurt. Lay down your heart.
Come as you are.
By David Crowder

No comments:

Post a Comment