Messengers of hope...

Missionaries in Ecuador with International Teams and Youth World since 2002, parents of four children, and then some more children, directors of Casa Gabriel and now Casa Adalia, teacher and friend, but most importantly, redeemed by Jesus Christ and living out the ministry of reconciliation as messengers of hope. This is the story that God is writing through us.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Robbed yet rich

Last Thursday, in the middle of a beautiful Quito afternoon, robbers broke a window in our living room, bent and broke the bars, then stole our two laptops, ransacked our bedroom and took the rent money and cash from my wallet saved in our dresser. The heavy loss is the info on the computers. Phil and I both work from our home office. It is also difficult to be without computers...I am writing from a teammate' s Kindle she lent us. Slowly. :)

My mother-in-law called today and encouraged me, "Often it is through necessity God works His plan." Yes, I am ever aware of my necessity and my inadequacy. And in my need God expresses His abundant grace. O that my eyes would be wide open to see God's expressions of grace, such as all the ways He is providing, how he blinded the eyes of the thieves when they dumped my jewelry box and left my diamond wedding ring. There is no other explanation for why I didn't feel frightened the night of the robbery or violated by the knowledge that strangers touched my clothes, looked through my drawers, looked through my wallet, saw my name, threw my undies on the floor..men rifled through my place of safety and refuge with evil intentions. Yes, I am overwhelmed with crazy, abundant grace.

My refuge lives in me and cannot be stolen. The things that make us rich cannot be stolen. Life eternal. Love unconditional experienced through friendship, family, community. Even my identity cannot be stolen. Who I am, the daughter of the King, my true identity, can never be taken. HE can never be taken from me, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment